Here are additional free educational resources during this closure to support learning. One of the providers of the statewide databases, Gale Cengage, is offering open access to some of its resources to support preK – undergraduate learning.
- Miss Humblebee’s Academy – an interactive kindergarten-readiness program that introduces children ages three to six to key concepts in math, science, social studies, language and literacy, art, and music. It’s as challenging as it is fun!
- Gale In Context: High School – supports student papers, projects, and presentations while empowering the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills with content aligned to national and state curriculum standards.
- Gale In Context: College – interdisciplinary content that reinforces the development of skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
These databases are not set up the same way as the state databases. If you get asked for a password for any of these resources, use “open” (no quotes). The end date of access to these resources is unknown at this time.
Tumblebooks is offering a free trial of their collections during this public health crisis.
- TumbleBooks: animated, talking picture books with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles. The Library already subscribes to this service.
- TumbleMath: K-6 math ebook database
- TeenBookCloud: Gr. 7-12 ebook database
- AudioBookCloud: All ages audiobook database
- RomanceBookCloud: Romance ebook collection