One-hour appointments can be scheduled for browsing or PC/ Chromebook use. Visitors may also use their appointment time to print, copy, scan or fax materials.
Booking a Visit
Study rooms are available by reservation as of October 26. Book a study room online.
One-hour appointments will be available at 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 2:00 PM, and 4:00 PM, Monday through Thursday.
PC Use appointments are best for those who need Microsoft Office and/or prefer a desktop computer.
Chromebook Use appointments are best for those who use cloud-based sites and/or wish to find a quiet spot to work.
Browsing appointments are best for those who want to look for library items to check out.
You can book your appointment online or by calling us at 781-721-7171 ext 320.
Arriving for an Appointment
When you arrive, please come to the parking lot doors. A staff member will confirm your appointment and direct you to the Reference Desk.
At the Reference Desk, a staff member will show you to a computer and be on hand for any questions.
You will be able to:
- Use a reserved computer
- Take Chromebooks to the 3rd floor during your appointment
- Use equipment to copy, scan, fax, or print
- Ask librarians for help looking up titles, including Children’s Librarians
- Browse the stacks and check out items
- Read newspapers
You will be required to:
- Wear a mask properly at all times
- Remain at least 6 feet away from others
- Abide by any staff instructions regarding safety
- Leave the building at the appointed time
You will not be able to:
- Attend programs
- Use meeting rooms
- Use study rooms (this is a separate service)
- Use the local history collection
- Use the Children’s Room
- Spend a prolonged period of time in the Library