We have a variety of computers available for public use. They include:
- Windows desktop computers
- MacBook Airs
Also available to borrow are:
- wireless mice
- power cords
- Apple USB Super Drives
- noise cancelling headphones
There are three wifi access points throughout the building. They are named winchester, win0, and win7. The signal strength will vary depending on your location in the building.
The wireless network is unsecured and users should be aware that all browsing and personal information may be visible to others.
Please see Reference staff if you have trouble connecting.
You can opt to print from desktop computers, mobile devices, or the microfilm machine.
If you are printing from a laptop or mobile device, you will need to follow the instructions below.
- .15 per sheet for black & white
- .35 per sheet for color
First Time Mobile Print Users:
- Go to https://siteup.ocsinc.ca/site/register.
- Enter your email address, choose your library, and click register.
- Check your email. You will be sent a link to the wireless printing homepage.
- Click on the link and enter your email address.
- Select a file to upload for printing and select black & white or color.
- Click Submit and note your Job ID.
- Proceed to the print release station in the Library. Use your Job ID to identify your print job.
Print jobs remain in the queue at the print station for two hours.
Returning Mobile Print Users:
After you have used the system once you can continue to upload jobs as before or you may email your print jobs as attachments to either of the following email addresses:
The Library is now offering a remote printing service for print jobs under 10 pages, free of charge.
This service can only be printed as black & white copies.
Complete the form and upload your document here.
The Winchester Public Library will email you directly with instructions when the print job is ready for pick up. Please expect at least 24 hours before you receive an email confirmation.
Any files submitted via this form will be deleted upon printing.