It was great to see so many familiar and new faces at Lincoln Elementary’s Full STEAM Ahead night earlier this month! The Winchester Public Library was one of over a dozen local STEAM-related organizations to host a table. About 300 people attended, and families had a chance to find out about all of the awesome science, technology, engineering, art, and math opportunities in the area.
At our table we had a demo of the LEGO WeDo robotics equipment that we do with kids in grades 2-5. We had information about all of the awesome STEAM-related programming and services we offer, including:
- LEGO WeDo Robotics - Simple robotics and computer programming for grades 2-5, usually offered as a series of workshops
- LEGO Mindstorms - More advanced robotics and computer programming for grades 4 & 5, usually offered as a series of workshops
- STEAM Club - Various science-related activities for grades 2-5, usually offered as one-off single events
- Legopalooza - Creative LEGO play for grades K-5
- Preschool STEAM storytime - Storytime with hands-on STEAM activities for ages 3-6
- Science-related databases - Select Grades K-6 to see kid-specific databases. I especially recommend the PowerKnowledge Science Suite!
We also had LEGOs at our table and kids of all ages made LEGO creations that we displayed throughout the event. Check out their awesome ideas!
Are you interested in more information about the awesome STEAM programs that we do here at the library? Keep checking our calendar to find out when programs are available, and stop in anytime to the library to find out more!
Our table at Full STEAM Ahead night.
The event drew a huge crowd! Thanks to everyone who stopped by our table, it was great to see you!
Here are some of the LEGO creations kids made throughout the evening!